- We Do It Together
"We Do It Together is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) film Production Company created to finance and produce films, documentaries, TV and other forms of media, uniquely dedicated to the empowerment of women. We believe that we can create a movement, with women and men, with actions behind words, that will change the utterly outdated and discriminatory paradigm that we see in media, and its marginalization of women worldwide. If we want more representation, we need to make more product, and only then will we be able to compete on an even playing ground."
- Female Filmmakers Initiative Resource Map
"We’ve created this database as a central information storehouse of the opportunities and programs available to U.S.-based women filmmakers."
- Almost every state in the USA has its own women in film initiative
- Women in Film and Television UK
"Women in Film & TV (UK) is the leading membership organisation for women working in creative media in the UK, and part of an international network of over 10,000 women worldwide. Members of our organisation come from a broad range of professions spanning the entire creative media industry."
- Women in Film and Television Germany
"WIFT Germany ist ein Geschäftsnetzwerk für Frauen in der Film- und Fernsehbranche und den digitalen Medien."
- The Director List, women directors at work
"The Director List is a centralized hub for finding women directors and their work."
- Alliance of Women Directors
"established in 1997, is the only organization solely dedicated to education, support and advocacy for women directors in the entertainment industry. Each member has achieved professional status by having directed at least one long or short-form narrative film, television program, documentary, commercial or new media program that has been recognized by the creative community. "
- Her Film Project
"Her Film Project is a global project to support women filmmakers. Created as a blog in May of 2010 by publicist and writer, Kyna Morgan, in collaboration with filmmaker and writer, Marian Evans (of The Development Project at Wellywood Woman), the purpose was to provide a forum for women filmmakers around the world to share their experiences in the industry and discuss their films."
- Women at Sundance+Female Filmmakers Initiative
"Sundance Institute, together with Women in Film Los Angeles and a community of allied organizations, works to foster gender equality in American cinema by supporting female filmmakers to develop their stories, find audiences for their work, and grow and sustain their careers."
"We started Seed&Spark because we want to make films but we needed a healthier environment in which to make them. We believe the art of storytelling is about expanding imagination, shining a light on the world inside and deepening empathy for the world outside."
- Ms. In The Biz
"Founded by actor/producer/writer Helenna Santos, Ms. In The Biz is the premium online destination for women in entertainment who are looking for a positive community that shares resources, imparts wisdom, and fosters success."
- Artemis Motion Pictures
"Artemis Motion Pictures is a revolution and a production company.
Bold and innovative, we are female action adventure projects.
We will redefine female heroes."
- Film London: Short Films: Shakespeare's Sisters
"Shakespeare’s Sister is a short film initiative which aims to help address the gender imbalance in film by giving female filmmakers funding and support to showcase their talent."
- Women and Hollywood
"Women and Hollywood educates, advocates, and agitates for gender parity across the entertainment industry. The site was founded in 2007 by Melissa Silverstein."
"agnesfilms.com is named in honor of Agnès Varda, the French filmmaker who has been making women-centered fiction films and documentaries for over 50 years.(...)In an effort to provide support to emerging and established women filmmakers, our site aims to do the following:
• Foster a community of women filmmakers, scholars, instructors who teach film and filmmaking, and film lovers who support each other. We hope to be joined by men who are interested in films made by women, as well as male filmmakers, scholars, and filmmaking/film instructors. Our aim is for our community to be diverse in terms of race, class, and sexual orientation.
• Shed light on the work of talented and committed women filmmakers working today, who, like Varda, don’t have the visibility they merit. We do this in the form of reviews of films made by women, and less often films by men featuring prominent female roles. We also have interviews with women filmmakers and through our featured member section we share narratives of the experiences women undergo as they stand behind the camera. We also discuss the history of women and feminist filmmakers through our critical analyses of past and current films.
• Help women not trained in cinematic techniques be able to tell stories in this powerful medium."
- The Voice Of A Woman
"THE VOICE OF A WOMAN (VOW) features the works of women artists across a variety of disciplines and celebrates the achievements of women 'changemakers' whose 'voices' are impacting culture, society and our world.
THE VOICE OF A WOMAN produces THE VOW FILM FEST an annual event celebrating creative leadership, independence and risk-taking and plays a vital role in identifying international female talent, bringing stories rarely seen of women globally by women globally, to public audiences."